Beauty Brief Las VegasTuesday, February 8th, 2011, 6:16 pm
When you look in the mirror in the beginning of the day, do you look tired or stressed? Do you see that you are starting to look more like your mother or father? There are multiple uncontrollable factors such as gravity, time, or genetic make-up that can determine when and how you will age, but there are also factors we can control. Below are some secrets to fight back against facial aging and tips to achieving "the look."
- Education. There are many options of how to keep your skin and face looking healthy and younger depending on your age. Younger women may be interested in prevention, while older women may be interested in the best way to turn back the clock with facial surgical enhancements.
- Sun screen is the new tan oil! Staying out of the sun or protecting your skin with a SPF of 15 or greater can greatly improve the quality of the skin and can help slow wrinkle formation. You may even want to apply it to the neck, chest, and hand areas as those are common areas for increased sun exposure.
- Maintaining a stable weight and avoiding huge weight changes can also help keep the skin firm and you may avoid pre-mature skin laxity.
- Nutrition and diet. There are essential vitamins that your body craves for healthier skin. A healthy diet can have a positive influence on your skin. As an added benefit, dieting correctly will go hand in hand with a steady weight!
- It is important to get enough sleep. The exact amount of sleep varies, but most doctors recommend about 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
If you have tried all of the above, but the inevitable still got the best of you, you are not out of luck! There are a variety of surgical procedures that may help achieve your problem areas. If you are tired of looking tired, you may be the right candidate for an eyelid enhancement through blepharoplasty. It may be performed alongside a subtle browlift to make the eyes appear brighter and well rested. You may be the patient suffering from prominent jowl or nasolabial fold formation. For that particular patient, a facelift might be recommended. If you are a candidate all three of the procedures may be safely combined together. Experience is very important when dealing with such delicate enhancements. Dr. Alexander can provide you with an expert's recommendation to help you make an informed decision about the facial surgery that is right for you.
Click the following links to learn more about understanding facelift surgery or review frequently asked questions about eyelid and eyebrow surgery.
Tags: Alexander MD, benefits of plastic surgery, blepharoplasty, board certified plastic surgeon, browlift, correct eyelid sagging, cosmetic surgery, Dr. Alexander, elevate eyebrows, eyelid surgery, facelift, facelift answers, facelift questions, facial procedures, Health, health tips, life changing plastic surgery, look younger, lower face, nutrition, nutrition tips, plastic surgery, understanding plastic surgery, what is a facelift?
Category: Facial Plastic Surgery