Top 5 Procedures for Men 2011Tuesday, June 19th, 2012, 1:19 pm
In 2011, women accounted for approximately 91% of plastic surgery procedures and men only at 9%. This is actually an increase for men when comparing to previous years. Here at Dr. Alexander & Co. we have definitely noticed the increase!
Check out the top 5 procedures men had last year:
- Liposuction is a procedure that removes stubborn fatty pockets that are often genetic and do not respond to diet and exercise. This can be performed in the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, hips, and more.
- Nose Reshaping procedure, also known as Rhinoplasty, is performed to enhance the size and/or shape of the nose. This procedure was most popular among men in 2010.
- Blepharoplasty, more commonly known as eyelid surgery, helps remove the excess skin above and/or below the eyes for a more refreshed appearance.
- Gynecomastia is a breast reduction procedure for men. Excessive breast development in males is a relatively common condition, affecting 40 to 60 percent of boys and men.
- A facelift addresses extra skin and wrinkles in the lower portion of the face and neck area.
Many men find confidence in Dr. Alexander’s bedside manner, professionalism and results. To learn more about each procedure, click on the procedure that has bold font. You may also want to visit our photo gallery to view before and after photos of your desired procedure.
These are statistics reported by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Figures may not add exactly to totals and percentages may not equal 100% due to rounding. Statistics with other sources may vary slightly.
Tags: blepharoplasty, body contouring, Dr. Alexander & Co., eyelid surgery, facelift, gynecomastia, Henderson, Las Vegas, liposuction, male breast reduction, nasal surgery, Nose Job, NV, rhinoplasty, rhytidectomy, Summerlin, Top 5 Plastic Surgery Procedures for Men 2011