Fun Breast Facts
- The average breast weighs 1.1 lbs. and contains about 4-5% of our body’s fat
- 15 years go the average breast size was 34B, now it is a 36C
- In the middle ages wide set breasts were the most attractive, Now days more patients like them full with an accentuated mid-line
- In 2010, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons reported 296,000 patients selected breast augmentation surgery.
- Since 2006, breast augmentation has been ranked as the top cosmetic surgical procedure
- Initially surgeons tried many types of ways to increase breast size that lead to disastrous results such as sponges, ivory, ground rubber, ox cartilage, polyester, paraffin & silicone injections
- At one point Sheyla Hershey held the Guinness Book of World Records of the largest implants at 10,000cc
- Bra garments have existed since the 7th Century BC, but large scale production didn’t occur until the 1930’s
- Although women can be charged by public nuisance laws, women can legally go topless in 5 states in the U.S.: Texas, Hawaii, Ohio, New York, Maine
- Women who go topless in Dubai are subject to 6 months of jail time
- The chemicals in cigarettes can break down the elastin in your breast and cause them to sag
- Breast milk is healthier than cow’s milk, it contains more iron, fatty acids, vitamin E and less sodium
- The first breast implants date back to 1895.
Interested in enhancing your breasts? Click here to visit our website to review information and photos of Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Alexander’s breast augmentation, lift and reduction procedures. Like what you see? Contact our office 702-242-6776 to schedule your consultation appointment at our Summerlin, Las Vegas practice!